The vintage Motor Cycle Club - VMCC
The Vintage Motor Cycle Club

Worcestershire

VMCC Section

Phone: +44(0)1283 540 557

Email: general@vmcc.net

COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 23RD SEPTEMBER 2019

PRESENT: RC, LB, JP, MS, PH APOLOGIES JLC, RB

SEPTEMBER EVENTS

1/9/2019 Worcs TT. Good event, report prepared by RC.

9/9/2019 Indoor club night at the Bell, 12 attended, confusion with booking, see below.

15/9/2019 Teme Valley Run. PH, 17 on run, Inn on the Green at Wentnor very good.

19/9/2019 Howard’s Run. Good new route and weather, 21.

6/10/2019 October Run. Route and lead PH. Details to LB and JP by email. PH

14/10/2019 Indoor club night at the Bell. JP to check room booking before hand.

17/10/2019 Richard’s Midweek Run. RC, route and lead. Coffee at Pea Green Café, Ludlow, lunch at the Royal Oak, Alveley, tea at Colliers Arms, Rock. 75 m total, LB to put these details on website.

3/11/2019 Pete’s Breakfast Ride. Route and lead PH. 9.30 for 10.00am start Bromyard.

14/11/2019 Hereford Hop Run RC route and lead. As 2018, Nest then Salutation, Weobley.

24/11/2019 Midday Meet, Bell Inn, Pensax. JP to check venue.

PROGRAMME FOR 2020

RC had issued draft 4 prior to the meeting. This was discussed and agreed. The following to be checked:-

19/1/2020 Fox and Hounds Lulsley. JP

16/2/2020 Dog at Dunley. JP

Malvern April Show RC

10/5/2020 Girder Fork Run/Cotswold Meet, JP to check with Peter Kent, Cotswold.

1/6/2020 Oak at Defford. JP

5/7/2020 Fox and Hounds, Lulsley JP

26/7/2020 Roy Lambert Run, contact John and Anne Lambert, JP

Nn/9/2020 Levis Cup Trial. Check date with Martyn Round RC.

Contact Allen House to confirm dates for Founder’s Relay Rally, Banbury Run and Founder’s Day JP

FINANCE

LB reported that the account stood at £296.83. It was agreed that we should abandon the idea of a fund raising event at the November club night. No change to the £2.00 levy on club nights but would collect £2.00 each at the Christmas event.

Howard Williams had asked if he could be reimbursed for the cost of printing the route sheets and the December technicolour newsletter. Agreed, JP to ask HW how much was involved.

BOOKINGS AT THE BELL

Confusion reigned at the September club night because our regular bookings had not been entered in their diary and none of the staff present knew of us. We eventually were able to use the function room. JP had emailed the landlord to ask for confirmation of our bookings but no reply had been received. JP to check before the October club night.

NEXT MEETING Monday 28th October 2019 at the Talbot, Knightwick, 8.00pm.

(RC gave his apologies for this meeting as he will be away)

JP 27/9/2019

VINTAGE MOTORCYCLE CLUB – WORCESTERSHIRE SECTION.

Committee meeting minutes – 22nd October 2018.

Present JLC, PH, RC, RB, MS, LB.

Apologies RL,JP

Past Events-

October runs, organised by PH on 7th and 21st and RB on18th were well attended with 12 persons on each. All venues for lunch and coffees were well liked.

The Malvern show was graced with 5 bikes on our VMCC stand and we received a runner-up award for our efforts.

Members.

The death of Francis Guy was noted and that the funeral will be a private affair.

Bob Arnold celebrated his 88th birthday on October 21st and was rewarded [!] with a chorus of ‘Happy Birthday’ at the Tally Ho pub during the lunch stop on that day’s run.

Future Events

4th Nov- Ride to the Moon by PH details to be confirmed Bromyard start.

15th Nov.- Hereford Hop by RC Coffee at ‘The Nest’ on A438 and lunch at Saluation Inn in Weobley as last year NOTE Bromyard start.

25th Nov- Pub meet at the Bell Pensax. 12noon [JP TO CONFIRM WITH LANDLORD]

3rd Dec- Christmas event at The Bell , Broadheath 7.30pm

9th Dec- Breakfast meet at The Cob House Cafe 10.00am [RC TO CONFIRM WITH MANAGER]

26th Dec- Boxing Day meet at The New Inn Shrawley, 12.00 noon [JP TO CONFIRM WITH LANDLORD]

Website.

Current site closes on 5th November and new site is accessed by www.worcestershire.vmcc.net

LB can place items on website but can arrange for other persons to have access if required.

Programme 2019.

A draft programme was tabled and modified during the committee meeting and a copy of this programme is attached with these minutes.

Finance.- Current Balance £330.83p [Bill Danks was thanked for his recent contribution to section funds]

Date of next meeting- Monday 26th November , The Talbot Knightwick 8.00pm.

VINTAGE MOTOR CYCLE CLUB – WORCESTERSHIRE SECTION

COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 26TH NOVEMBER 2018

PRESENT: RC, RB, MS, JP, LB, JLC, PH APOLOGIES: RL

PAST EVENTS

The two runs in November were well attended, seven were present at the Bell at Pensax.

FUTURE EVENTS

3/12 Christmas Event.

9/12 Breakfast meet at the Cob House, RC has confirmed with the venue.

26/12 Boxing day meet, New Inn at Shrawley not available, JP to try the Masons Arms at Wichenford or Leaking Well. (subsequent to the meeting, both these are not open on Boxing Day, so have booked us in at the Mitre Oak, Crossway Green).

MALVERN CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE SHOW

JP reported that our stand equipment was very inadequate for the new venue, the Severn Hall, as there was no wall space for us to display our section banners. It was noted that the April Show was back in the Avon/Wye Halls so this problem could be put on the back burner until the Oct 2019 Show which is back in the Severn Hall.

PROGRAMME FOR 2019

RC tabled a finalised version of the 2019 section programme. JP has entered this onto the VMCC portal and RC and LB have checked the portal entries. JP to produce the section calendar in the usual format, RC agreed to check this before publication. Lunchtime meetings will be referred as Midday meets to avoid confusion over the time.

We had been advised by Allen House that event details must be on the portal at least 14 days prior to the event for the insurance to be valid. We would continue to use the Watering Hole, Aymestry as a default end location if the actual one was not decided in time.

CORRESPONDENCE

Peter Kent of Cotswold section had sent a list of their midday meetings and expressed regret that we would only be meeting up with their section on one girder fork run but mentioned that any Worcestershire members would always be welcome to any of their meetings.

Geoff McGladdery asked if it was OK to include our John Langford Run in their 2019 calendar, I replied that it was and that their members were welcome on any of our runs.

Our area rep, Jim Codd advised that he would not be standing for re-election at the next area rep elections, Richard Williams is standing in for him at present.

FINANCE

LB reported that the account held £351.83. LB now away until mid Feb, JP given £120 cash for Christmas buffet and was entrusted with all the account equipment, paperwork and cash to hold until LB’s return.

NEXT MEETING Monday 28th January 2019 at the Talbot, Knightwick, 8.00pm.

JP 27/11/2018

COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 28TH JANUARY 2019

PRESENT: RC, RB, MS, JP, JLC, PH Apologies LB

ELECTION OF NEW CHAIRMAN

JP to put notice in the February newsletter inviting nominations for section chairman, these to be sent to the secretary as soon as possible, preferably in writing. The nomination should include the names of proposer and seconder and be done with the consent of the nominee. In the event of there being more than one candidate a vote will be held at the section AGM on 11th March. This information to be sent to the email group.

At this meeting PH proposed the nomination of RC for chairman, seconded by RB. RC agreed to stand.

RECENT EVENTS

29/11/2018 – Four section members attended Doug McMillan’s funeral.

3/12/2018 – Christmas event. Catering good, 25 present

9/12/2018 – Cob House, 15 present. RC had checked venue before hand to ensure we did not clash with other events.

26/12/2018 – Boxing Day event. At the Mitre Oak because of confusion over availability of the New Inn. 12 members present, venue good.

14/1/2019 – Club night, 20 present.

20/1/2019 – Fox and Hounds, Lulsley, 12 present

24/1/2019 – Mid West Moto, 20 approx, interesting venue.

FUTURE EVENTS

11/2/2019 – Fish and Chip Supper and Quiz. 24 members had booked, JP to inform Bell, Bill Danks confirmed quiz ready, JP to provide pens.

17/2/2019 – Dog at Dunley. JP hand confirmed with the venue.

21/2/2019 – Leaking Well, Dunhampton. RC had confirmed with the venue.

24/2/2019 – John Langford Run with Herefordshire section. PH route and lead. Lunch at the Fox, Tenbury Broadheath.

3/3/2019 – Lakeside Café, Moorlands. RC had confirmed, detailed route instructions given for newsletter.

11/3/2019 – Section AGM.

14/3/2019 – Midweek Run. Route and lead, RB.

21/3/2019 – Riverside Café, Tenbury. RC had checked with venue.

MIKE DAVIES RUN

Mike had offered to put on a Sunday run into Herefordshire on either 9/6 or 18/8. The committee thanked Mike for the offer and opted for 18/8/2019. JP to contact Mike to confirm date and thank him.

ROY LAMBERT

Many section members had attended Roy’s funeral and the wake at the Bull. Dave Brooks had written an article ‘Roy’s Bikes’ based on conversations with Roy last year. It is 1550 words long, JP suggested that it should be put on the section website. JP had used part of this for an obituary in the VMCC journal, this had been approved by Roy’s family and would hopefully appear in the March issue. It was agreed that we should consider naming a run after Roy.

FINANCE

No report.

BANBURY RUN

RB reported that he and JLC had volunteered to marshal on the 2019 Banbury Run.

NEXT MEETING Monday 2565h February 2019 at the Talbot, Knightwick, 8.00pm.

JP 29/1/2019

COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 25TH FEBRUARY 2019

PRESENT: LB, RB, JP, JLC, PH Apologies RC, MS

ELECTION OF NEW CHAIRMAN

RC remains the only nomination for the post of chairman.

FEBRUARY EVENTS

11th – Fish and Chip night and quiz – 27 present. JP to email thanks to Bill & Steve

17th – Dog at Dunley – 18 present, 12 to lunch

21st – Breakfast meet at Leaking Well – well attended, 14

24th – John Langford Run – 12 riders, cold and foggy morning, kept numbers down

FUTURE EVENTS

3/3/2019 – Lakeside Café, Moorlands. RC had confirmed, detailed route instructions given for newsletter.

11/3/2019 – Section AGM.

14/3/2019 – Midweek Run. Route and lead, RB. Coffee at the Marina Café at Upton, lunch at the Masons Arms, Wichenford.

21/3/2019 – Riverside Café, Tenbury. RC had checked with venue.

7/4/2019 - Malvern Classic Motor Cycle Show

8/4/2019 – Club night

14/4/2019 – Spring Run. RB route and lead. Lunch at the Yew Tree, Lower Lode.

17/4/2019 – Bill Danks was organising North B’ham’s Blossom Run which has a coffee stop in Bromyard and had invited our members to join them there. Details to follow, may be on the 24th depending on the state of the blossom.

19/4/2019 – Good Friday Run, JP to confirm with Bob Arnold that he would again do route and lead.

25/4/2019 – Wye Not Run. Route and lead RC. Details to be finalised.

28/4/2019 – Breakfast Meet at SVR Bridgnorth. RC has arranged.

SECTION AGM

The agenda would be the same as for 2018 (copy attached) and the procedure as before. PH would present the chairman’s report. The new chairman would be elected at item 7, election of officers. The remaining officers would then be elected, both were willing to stand again as would be the committee.

ROY LAMBERT

It was agreed at the last meeting that we should consider naming a run after Roy. It was agreed that we should do this for a run in the 2020 calendar rather than rename one of this years runs. The c’tee were impressed by Dave Brooks article on Roy’s Bikes and wished to thank him for this.

MALVERN SHOW

It was agreed that we should again have a section stand at this show. JLC to obtain 15 tickets at £1.00 each for members who would display their bikes on the section stand. JP to bring the stand equipment. This show would be back in the Wye Hall in our usual place.

CORRESPONDENCE

JP had written to our area rep on two issues. The first to ask Allen House staff to take more care with proof reading the Journal entries for our section as being last alphabetically there have been two occasions in the last three months where our entry had been cut short. JP also asked for clarification on the issue of the time scale for entry of run information onto the portal to meet with the requirements of the VMCC’s insurance. Sent on the 14/2, no answer yet.

FINANCE

LB reported that the account stood at £262.83.

CONSTITUTION

JP reported that the VMCC Bye Laws as printed in the February Journal stated that ‘sections are expected to be governed by a constitution’ (4.1.4). As far as anyone present knew we had never had a constitution of any sort. JP to contact Allen House to see if the club had a model constitution. Subsequent to the meeting one had been received and is attached, possibly for discussion at the next section committee meeting.

NEXT MEETING Monday 25th March 2019 at the Talbot, Knightwick, 8.00pm.

JP 28/2/2019

COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 25TH MARCH 2019

PRESENT: RC, LB, RB, JP, JLC, PH, MS

MARCH EVENTS

3/3/2019 – Lakeside Café, Moorlands. 12 attended, good venue.

11/3/2019 – Section AGM.

14/3/2019 – Midweek Run. Poor weather, 3 riders.

21/3/2019 – Riverside Café, Tenbury. 14 attended, good venue.

FUTURE EVENTS

7/4/2019 - Malvern Classic Motor Cycle Show

8/4/2019 – Club night

14/4/2019 – Spring Run. PH route and lead.Coffee at the Marina Café, Upton. Lunch at the Yew Tree, Chaceley Stock.

17/4/2019 – Bill Danks was organising North B’ham’s Blossom Run which has a coffee stop in Bromyard and had invited our members to join them there. Details to follow, may be on the 24th depending on the state of the blossom.

19/4/2019 – Good Friday Run, RA route and lead. Coffee stop, Larch Barn, DY14 8JF, lunch at the Crown, Hopton Wafers.

25/4/2019 – Wye Not Run. Route and lead RC. Details - Coffee stop at Oakchurch, Staunton on Wye, HR4 7NH, lunch stop at Old Barn, Three Cocks, nr Brecon, LD3 0SL. Tea Old Station Café, New Radnor.

28/4/2019 – Breakfast Meet at SVR Bridgnorth. RC has arranged. Note café does not open until 10.00am, engines in steam, special events weekend.

12/5/2019 – Girder Fork Run/Cotswold meet.

FEB C’TEE MINUTES

It was pointed out that these minutes listed RC under apologies whereas in fact RC had attended.

ROY LAMBERT

It was agreed at the last meeting that we should consider naming a run after Roy. It was agreed that we should do this for a run in the 2020 calendar, RC reminded the c’tee that we should remember this when compiling the 2020 calendar.

MALVERN SHOW

We had obtained 15 tickets at £1.00 each for members who would display their bikes on the section stand. JP to bring the stand equipment. RB reported that 13 tickets had so far been allocated. This show would be back in the Wye Hall, JP had contacted Classic Shows to ask for our usual place.

GDPR

In order to comply with the requirements of GDPR RC suggested that members of the email group should be sent the following email so that they can consent to having their email addresses shown to other members. This was agreed, LB to do.

As committee members and individuals within the Worcester Section of the VMCC it has been very useful to be able to check circulation of details and ensure all members are kept abreast of Section events. In order to comply with Data Protection we do need to ask your personal consent to use your e-mail address on these e-mails to the group. We only hold these addresses and no other details so disclosure of other information to third parties is not possible.

We do need your positive response and therefore would you be kind enough to reply to this e-mail with a statement:-

I AM HAPPY THAT SECTION E-MAILS TO ALL GROUP MEMBERS SHOW MY E-MAIL ADDRESS.

If you would rather not have your address shown to the group then we will respect your wishes.

Thank you for your help with this, We would be grateful for an early reply.

CORRESPONDENCE

JP had written to our area rep on two issues. The first to ask Allen House staff to take more care with proof reading the Journal entries for our section as being last alphabetically there have been two occasions in the last three months where our entry had been cut short. JP also asked for clarification on the issue of the time scale for entry of run information onto the portal to meet with the requirements of the VMCC’s insurance. Sent on the 14/2, no answer yet, JP to chase area rep.

FINANCE

LB reported that the account stood at £289.83. LB commented that the amount in the account had shown a downward trend over several years. It was decided to hold a raffle night at the November club night to raise funds, PH to organise. In addition we would charge the usual £2.00 admission for the Christmas event in December.

CONSTITUTION

We had received a model constitution from Allen House and this had been circulated to members. It was unanimously agreed to adopt this without alteration.

NEW MEMBERS

JP reported that the March list of new members included 4 members in Worcestershire. He had sent the usual welcome email to all four and was overjoyed to report that three had replied with thanks. The usual response rate is less that 10%. RC suggested that JP include DY10 – 14 postcodes as well as the WR ones and also copy him with the new members welcome emails. JP to do.

WORCESTER TT (1/9/2019)

RC reported on his route trialling for this. The start would be at the Mayfly Café as there was room for trailer parking, coffee at the Larch Barn, lunch at the Rose and Crown, Burford, tea back at the Mayfly Café. 2 routes, 51m or 37.5m (both distances, Mayfly to Mayfly).

NEXT MEETING Monday 29th April 2019 at the Talbot, Knightwick, 8.00pm.

JP 27/3/2019

COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 29TH APRIL 2019

PRESENT: RC, LB, JP, JLC, PH, MS

APOLOGIES RB The committee sends Richard best wishes for a full and speedy recovery after his recent operation.

APRIL EVENTS

8/4/2019 – Club night – 14 present

14/4/2019 – Spring Run. 6 to lunch

19/4/2019 – Good Friday Run. Coffee stop, Larch Barn, excellent. Lunch at the Crown, Hopton Wafers. 23 on run, 18 to lunch.

25/4/2019 – Wye Not Run. Route and lead RC, lunch at Three Cocks’, nr Brecon, passable, will not use next year.

28/4/2019 – Breakfast Meet at SVR Bridgnorth. Excellent breakfast, hard to find, signposting poor.

FUTURE EVENTS

12/5/2019 – Girder Fork Run/Cotswold meet. Bob Arnold route and lead, JP to confirm he is OK for this. JP has confirmed this (dynamic eh!)

13/5/2019 Bring a Bike night.

16/5/2019 Hundred House Run. Bill Danks, route and lead. JP to contact for confirmation. BD replies, coffee at Watering Hole, Aymestry, lunch at the Hundred House near Builth.

2/6/2019 Welsh Lakes Run, PH route and lead.

3/6/2019 Pub night at the Oak Inn, Defford. JP has confirmed the venue.

10/6/2019 Bring a Bike night.

16/6/2019 Banbury Run – RB and JLC to marshall, no details received yet.

20/6/2019 Bend Swingin’ Run. Route and lead, RC. Route confirmed same as last year.

MALVERN SHOW

We received the award for best club stand and Phil Winters an award for his Triumph Tiger 90. 13 bikes displayed on the stand. Very small attendance of motorcyclists and few bike auto jumblers. Show is still a good social occasion but not a fruitful recruiting ground for the VMCC. October show will be in the Severn Hall, JP not prepared to organise a stand for this show. Agreed that we will give this one a miss, with possibly returning to the Wye Halls next April.

GDPR

In order to comply with the requirements of GDPR LB sent members of the email group an email so that they could consent to having their email addresses shown to other members. He had so far received 18 replies out of 34 sent. He agreed to send reminders.

CORRESPONDENCE

JP had written to our area rep on two issues. The first to ask Allen House staff to take more care with proof reading the Journal entries for our section as being last alphabetically there have been two occasions in the last three months where our entry had been cut short. JP also asked for clarification on the issue of the time scale for entry of run information onto the portal to meet with the requirements of the VMCC’s insurance. Richard Williams phoned JP on 17/4, his computer out of action so no reply by email, Allen House have promised eternal vigilance on checking our entries to ensure they are not truncated to suit the typesetters. No answer yet on timescale for entry of run info onto portal.

CONSTITUTION

We had received a model constitution from Allen House and this had been circulated to members. It was unanimously agreed to adopt this without alteration. JP to prepare papers for signature.

BILL HIGGINSON

JP reported that he had received an email from Bill’s widow Gillian reporting the sad news that Bill had died on April 26th following an accident. JP to circulate funeral details when received.

FINANCE

LB reported that the account stood at £287.83.

WORCESTER TT (1/9/2019)

RC reported on his route trialling for this. The start would be at the Mayfly Café as there was room for trailer parking, coffee at the Larch Barn, lunch at the Rose and Crown, Burford, tea back at the Mayfly Café. 2 routes, 51m or 37.5m (both distances, Mayfly to Mayfly). JP to update the portal.

SUPPLIER LIST

MS produced a list of suppliers produced by NBS in 2010, JP to see if an updated version exists.

BIKE DEALER

JLC reported the existence of a new Bike dealership in Spring Lane Industrial Estate, agents for new Enfields.

NEXT MEETING Monday 20th May 2019 at the Talbot, Knightwick, 8.00pm.

JP 1/5/2019

COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 20TH MAY 2019

PRESENT: RC, LB, JP, JLC, PH, RB

APOLOGIES MS

MAY EVENTS

12/5/2019 – Girder Fork Run/Cotswold meet. 10 on run, 3 on girders. LB suggested for future runs we should find a coffee stop further away from the Cob House, he suggested the Hop Pocket. This was agreed.

13/5/2019 Bring a Bike night. 22 bikes present.

16/5/2019 Hundred House Run. 13 riders.

FUTURE EVENTS

2/6/2019 Welsh Lakes Run, PH route and lead. Coffee stop Watering Hole, lunch at the Dolfor Inn, tea at Shobdon.

3/6/2019 Pub night at the Oak Inn, Defford. JP has confirmed the venue.

10/6/2019 Bring a Bike night.

16/6/2019 Banbury Run – RB and JLC to marshall, no details received yet.

20/6/2019 Bend Swingin’ Run. Route and lead, RC. Route confirmed same as last year. Coffee at Lion at Leintwardine, lunch at the Lowfield Inn, Marton

30/6/2019 Bob’s Run PH route and lead.

7/7/2019 Midday meeting at Fox and Hounds at Lulsey. JP to confirm with venue.

8/7/2019 Bring a Bike night.

18/7/2019 Border Castles Run. RC route and lead. Provisional details – Coffee at the Lion at Leintwardine, lunch at the Dragon, Montgomery. No details to appear on portal until RC confirms.

21/7/2019 Founders Day at Stanford Hall.

28/7/2019 Shropshire Hills Run. PH route and lead.

DES GRUBB

Members were extremely sorry to hear from PH of the death of Des on Saturday 18th May. Des had attended the May club night. LB to mention this on the website and the email group. PH to find out funeral details and pass to LB for email group and website.

GDPR

In order to comply with the requirements of GDPR LB sent members of the email group an email so that they could consent to having their email addresses shown to other members. He had so far received 31 replies out of 34 sent. JP to mention the email group to new members on the welcome email and mention the GDPR situation. (not blind copy).

CORRESPONDENCE

JP had written to our area rep (Richard Williams) on timescale for entry of run info onto portal to meet requirements of the VMCC insurance scheme. RW had replied that the insurance situation for runs was due to be discussed at the next director’s meeting. JP to follow this up.

CONSTITUTION

We had received a model constitution from Allen House and this had been circulated to committee members. It had been unanimously agreed to adopt this without alteration. JP pointed out that the wording included ‘adopted by the section at the AGM held on…’. It was agreed to delay formal adoption of this until the next section AGM in March 2020. The area defined in Para 1 to read ‘Worcestershire and surrounding areas’.

BANBURY RUN

RB and JLC to marshall, no details received yet. Email received by JP on 21/6/2019 from John Lambert offering to help, forwarded to RB.

FINANCE

LB reported that the account stood at £287.83.

SUPPLIER LIST

MS had tabled a list produced by NBS in 2010. JP had asked Bill Danks if an updated version existed. Bill had explained that the author had long since left the section but he would ask Martyn Round if he knew of an updated version. JP to follow up.

NEWSLETTERS

JP thanked LB for printing the May newsletters in his absence. He then advised that he was unable to attend either the June or July club nights. LB agreed to print these, JP to copy these newsletters to LB and RC to provide back up.

NEXT MEETING Monday 24th June 2019 at the Talbot, Knightwick, 8.00pm.

JP 21/5/2019

COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 24TH JUNE 2019

PRESENT: RC, LB, JP, MS, PH, RB

APOLOGIES JLC

JUNE EVENTS

2/6/2019 Welsh Lakes Run, PH route and lead. ,14 to lunch at the Dolfor Inn.

3/6/2019 Pub night at the Oak Inn, Defford, good weather but only 6 attended..

10/6/2019 Bring a Bike night. Very wet, 7 attended.

20/6/2019 Bend Swingin’ Run. Coffee at Lion at Leintwardine, 16 to lunch at the Lowfield Inn, Marton

FUTURE EVENTS

30/6/2019 Bob’s Run PH route and lead. Coffee at the Water Gardens, Pembridge, route over Hay Bluff, lunch at the Baskerville Arms at Clyro.

7/7/2019 Midday meeting at Fox and Hounds at Lulsey. JP has confirmed with venue.

8/7/2019 Bring a Bike night.

18/7/2019 Border Castles Run. RC route and lead. Coffee at the Lion at Leintwardine, lunch at the Dragon, Montgomery. Tea at Burford.

21/7/2019 Founders Day at Stanford Hall.

28/7/2019 Shropshire Hills Run. PH route and lead.

5/8/2019 Pub night at the New Inn, Shrawley. JP has confirmed with venue.

11/8/2019 PH route and lead. It was agreed that this run would go to Llyn Brianne and Sennybridge on alternate years. This year would be to Llyn Brianne. The return route would involve less narrow lanes with a quicker route to the A483.

12/8/2019 Bring and Buy night at the Bell.

15/8/2019 Bill Bubb’s Run,. RB to liaise with Bill regarding the route.

18/8/2019 Bimble around Herefordshire. Mike Davies had given written details of the route to PH who had agreed to prepare the route sheets. PH to pass these to JP for updating the portal

1/9/2019 Worcs TT. Details as previously minuted (April), JP and LB to check that the portal and website respectively had been updated to show the start point as the Cob House. (portal checked, it shows the Cob House).

NORTH B’HAM SECTION

LB had taken part in NBS’s Girder Fork Run on 9/6 and the organiser, Martyn Round suggested that our members could be invited to join them on next year’s event and this could be included in our calendar for 2020. This was agreed, JP to email Martyn confirmation and thanks and date requirements for our portal entry.

DES GRUBB

Des’s funeral was held on Tuesday 18th June at Wichenford church with the wake at the Mayfly Café, it was well attended by section members. PH has produced some biographical notes for Geoff McGladdery for inclusion in either VMCC journal or the Herefordshire section newsletter.

CORRESPONDENCE

JP had written to our area rep (Richard Williams) on timescale for entry of run info onto portal to meet requirements of the VMCC insurance scheme. RW had replied that the insurance situation for runs was due to be discussed at the next director’s meeting. JP to follow this up, again.

BANBURY RUN

RB and JLC marshalled with John Lambert. Allen House had requested that one of our group , as an experienced marshall, could assist an inexperienced group, RB volunteered for this, but experienced an extremely frustrating and time wasting day. On arrival at the start point to collect the box he was told that it had already been taken and no information was available anywhere on the location of the checkpoint. RB drove around the area but could not find the checkpoint or even rejoin our own checkpoint. To cap it all when he met up with the marshall he should have been with he was told that he did not need any assistance as he had done it before. Probably the last time RB volunteers for this! JP to email Ian Botham, cc area rep & RC, with an official complaint. RB to approve email before it is sent.

FINANCE

LB reported that the account stood at £287.83.

SUPPLIER LIST

JP to follow up with Martyn Round.

NEXT MEETING Monday 22nd July 2019 at the Talbot, Knightwick, 8.00pm.

JP 25/6/2019

COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 22ND JULY 2019

PRESENT: RC, LB, JP, MS, PH, RB

APOLOGIES JLC

JULY EVENTS

30/6/2019 Bob’s Run. Well attended. PH reported that two of Bob’s cousins attended the start and said that they had Bob’s Triumph and Norton and intended to have both running in time for next year’s event. RC suggested the run in future should be named the ‘Bob Bufton Run’ – agreed by all.

7/7/2019 Midday meeting at Fox and Hounds at Lulsley. Well attended, 12 to lunch.

8/7/2019 Bring a Bike night. Well attended, 2 new members.

18/7/2019 Border Castles Run. 12 to lunch at the Dragon, Montgomery. Good venue.

FUTURE EVENTS

28/7/2019 Shropshire Hills Run. PH route and lead. Start confirmed as the Cob House. Coffee at the Heath Tearooms, Lydham, lunch at the Live and Let Live at Neen Sollars.

5/8/2019 Pub night at the New Inn, Shrawley. JP has confirmed with venue. New licencees.

11/8/2019 PH route and lead. Coffee at Thomas Shop, Penybont. Lunch at Llyn Brianne . The return route would involve less narrow lanes with a quicker route to the A483.

12/8/2019 Bring and Buy night at the Bell.

15/8/2019 Bill Bubb’s Run. RB to liaise with Bill regarding the route and inform JP.

18/8/2019 Bimble around Herefordshire. Mike Davies had given details of the route to PH who will prepare the route sheets. Start, Market Square, Bromyard (PH to confirm), coffee at the Watering Hole, Aymestrey, lunch at the Bateman Arms at Shobdon, tea at the New Strand, Eardisland.

1/9/2019 Worcs TT. Details as previously minuted (April). RC had passed explanatory notes to JP and LB for inclusion on the website and August newsletter.

NORTH B’HAM SECTION

JP had emailed Martyn Round to thank him for his invitation that our members attend next year’s Girder Fork Run and that this would be included in our calendar for 2020. Martyn had replied and agreed to provide the date as soon as their calendar was finalised.

CORRESPONDENCE

JP had spoken to our area rep (Richard Williams) on timescale for entry of run info onto portal to meet requirements of the VMCC insurance scheme. The insurance situation for runs was discussed at the May director’s meeting. Copy of relevant para in May meeting minutes attached to agenda, our points were all covered but we are awaiting replies from the insurance companies involved. No minutes yet available for the June Meeting. Richard Williams contacted JP on 20/7 but he had heard nothing further.

BANBURY RUN

RB’s complaint regarding his wasted day at Banbury had been emailed to Ian Botham by JP. Reply with apologies received from Ian. He undertook to reply direct to RB, not yet received at time of this meeting.

FINANCE

LB reported that the account stood at £287.83.

SUPPLIER LIST

JP to follow up with Martyn Round who agreed to ask Dave Spencer if he knew of any such list.

EXTRA RUNS

RC suggested that next year we should consider Saturday runs, agreed to put one in next years programme to gauge the member’s interest. LB also suggested an evening Fish and Chip Run to the Sun at Leintwardine – agreed.

BOOKING AT THE BELL

JP to email the Bell to confirm our bookings for the usual room at the Bell, 2nd Mondays September to April inclusive. Also to confirm the price to remain at £15.00 per night.

MALVERN SHOW

The committee had previously agreed (minutes of April mtg) that we would not have a club stand at the October Show. JP to put a note in the August newsletter explaining our reasons for this and to allow time for volunteers to step forward.

NEXT MEETING Monday 19th August 2019 at the Talbot, Knightwick, 8.00pm.

JP 25/7/2019


COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES – 19TH AUG 2019

PRESENT: RC, LB, JP, MS, PH APOLOGIES JLC, RB

MATTERS ARISING

Correction to Minutes of July Mtg - ~Extra Runs. Saturday run suggested by RC and not LB.

AUGUST EVENTS

5/8/2019 Pub night at the New Inn, Shrawley. new licencee.

11/8/2019 Llyn Brianne Run. New route good, mainly A roads. Not to be repeated in 2020.

12/8/2019 Bring and Buy night at the Bell. 20 bikes attended but very little for sale.

15/8/2019 Bill Bubb’s Run. 20 on run. JP to put note of thanks to Bill in the next newsletter.

18/8/2019 Bimble around Herefordshire. Lunch at the Bateman Arms was good, 9 on run.

FUTURE EVENTS

1/9/2019 Worcs TT. Details as previously minuted (April). RC had passed explanatory notes to JP and LB for inclusion on the website and August newsletter.

9/9/2019 Indoor club night at the Bell

15/9/2019 Teme Valley Run. Route and lead PH.

19/9/2019 Howard’s Run. JP had checked with Howard and he is still OK to do route and lead.

6/10/2019 October Run. PH route and lead. Not Pant y Dwr.

14/10/2019 Indoor club night at the Bell.

17/10/2019 Richard’s Midweek Run. JP to contact RB to see if he wished to be relieved of responsibility for this run in view of his recent spell of ill health.

PROGRAMME FOR 2020

RC volunteered to draw up a first draft for discussion. JP and RC had received the North B’ham Section provisional calendar for 2020 on 25/8/2019.

FINANCE

LB reported that the account stood at £287.83.

SUPPLIER LIST

It was agreed that we would update the existing list from our recent experience and pass this to Martyn Round.

BOOKING AT THE BELL

The landlord of the Bell had confirmed our bookings for the usual room, 2nd Mondays, September to April inclusive, the price to remain at £15.00 per night. This was a verbal confirmation on 12/8/2019, in view of the landlord’s change of circumstance it seems unlikely we will receive an email in confirmation.

MALVERN SHOW

JP had put a note in the August newsletter explaining our reasons for not having a stand at the October Show. No volunteers had so far stepped forward.

NEXT MEETING Monday 23rd September 2019 at the Talbot, Knightwick, 8.00pm.

JP 25/8/2019

banner image

Registered Address

Allen House, Wetmore Road,

Burton upon Trent,

Staffordshire, DE14 1TR